This land was made for you and me


This year, as opposed to every other year when we head to Seward to watch the Mount Marathon race, we went north, got ourselves a cabin, and took the kids fishing.

If you have ever fished with a toddler then you know that it's bonkers, so Tim and I already decided that we need to have a sitter stay with Ben next time so we can enjoy the river. You know what I am talking about, right? Standing in the water shoulder to shoulder, letting the rush of the river carry all your worries away, breathing fresh air, throwing the line waiting for that salmon to do you the honor of becoming your sustenance. Working together to gut it, ice it, and pack it home. If that's not a hot date, I don't know what is!

But this weekend we just chilled, mainly due to the rain, but that did not stop us from having fireworks, s'mores, and a little R&R by the fire, and when the kids went to bed we watched a couple thrillers/scary movies that made me REALLY glad I don't have a basement.

I am happy I get to live in this country, in this great land of mountains, rivers, and seas where I get to watch my son grow. Cheers to you America, and a happy 4th of July to you all!

  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate