I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want OR That time I went to a 90s party


My friend Brenda and I were talking about a designer I know, she asked me: "Did he peak in the 90s?" To which I replied that was not THAT long ago, and she reminded me that it was 27 years ago.

Yikes.

So I guess I am now old enough to celebrate theme parties of decades I actually remember, which came in handy since one of my friends celebrated her birthday this weekend with a 90s theme. 

What  does one wear to such event? I suppose you could wear plaid shirts and combat boots, or you could totally wear your overalls and jelly shoes, but I chose to go a little more Posh Spice with a body-con, cut-out, choker included dress and over-the-knee boots, plus tassle earrings. You know me, go big or go home.

The interesting thing is that I happen to own and wear all these items on the regular, just not together. Take that jacket, for instance. It has been my spring and fall work-horse-goes-with-everything-keeps-me-warm piece for the last 3 years. And although the dress is newer, and not something I would wear daily, is a great statement piece that you can find at TOBI.

As usual, I try to incorporate things that I find in small businesses in Anchorage, and lately Blush Boutique has been killing it with their selection of earrings and sunglasses. You should check them out.

Now if you excuse me, I have a playlist to fill with 90s songs, speaking of which, what is your favorite?




jacket: Free People, dress: TOBI, boots: Madewell, sunglasses: Quay Australia, tassle earrings: Misa, both via Blush Boutique

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate