Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking


My best friend in college was this British dude name Pee-tuh, or Peter to the rest of us. He used to love spring because of all the 'Sunshine Sheilas'. The cute women, in cute dresses popping all around town seemingly out of nowhere. And it's not that they were not there before, it is just that they were hidden under puffer coats and three layers of pants to protect themselves from the bitter cold.

Can't say I blame them.

When I saw this dress I immediately thought of him, and I love and miss my Pee-tuh, so in honor of him and all the beautiful Sunshine Sheilas popping up around town, here I am wearing -GASP- florals.


Surely if you've read this blog long enough, you know that I am not a floral kind of girl, not on my clothing. But in my opinion, this dress has character without being cutesy, and most importantly it is not pastel. 

All of you who are planning on donning your pastel dresses for Easter this weekend can just agree to disagree with me on this one, but I believe that the only women who look good in pastel dresses are under 5 years old or are the Queen of England. Then again, 90% of my closet is black, which I have been told is not normal, so do take my advise with a grain of salt.

Since it is still a bit nippy in the morning, I threw on this Anorak I found at TOBI, which I find is a great transitional piece between the winter puffer and the summer tank.

Here's to sunshine, Sunshine Sheilas, and less pants for the next 6 months.

anorak: TOBI, dress: Novella Royale via Second Run, sunglasses: Quay Australia, clutch: Claire Vivier, both via Blush Boutique, shoes: J Crew

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate