Forever Family


"Not of my flesh nor of my bone, but still miraculously my own."

I don't know where you land on the spiritual realm but I am a huge believer in and a fan of Jesus, but I will admit that when Leslie told me that God was nudging her in the direction of fostering a child, I had my reservations. I am, after all, a parent myself and holy cow, you guys, it is not easy. But if I have learned anything from Les, is that when the Lord says go, you go. And that is how a year ago we welcomed into our lives a beautiful toddler who came to enrich our lives in ways only a gift from the Lord can.

As of this week his adoption is official and we did not plan it this way, but it is very fitting that today, on National Adoption Day, we celebrated that Corden has a forever home with Les, with her family, with us. He is ours to love, care, and support.

We couldn't be happier.

We decorated with the best in pics from the last year.

We celebrated with ice cream.








And we opened presents. What? that kid with the bag over his head? That's my child. No bigs.


Love you Les. I am proud of the woman you are and the mother you've become, and I am thankful that the good Lord saw it fit to bring an introvert and an extrovert with nothing in common together as family.

Cheers to family, motherhood, toddlerhood, and beyond!


P.S. There are more than 100,000 children in foster care waiting for permanent homes. Check out www.nationaladoptionday.org for more info.

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate