Fall



For labor day weekend we decided to take not one but TWO toddlers camping. Why? Because we think that rest, sleep, and relaxation are overrated, and because this world was made for the brave. That's why.

It is always fun to hang with my besties {Tim and Les} but even more so now that we had an entire year of transitions to rehash over the campfire. There is something about crisp, cool air and a campfire that mend the soul.

For me, last year was hard in a lot of senses. It mainly felt like the Lord had placed me where I didn't belong. It has been a long 12 months of learning to trust and lean into the wisdom of God when he tells me: "Daughter, I know your senses are screaming at you, but keep your eyes on me. We are going to get to the other side."* 

I suppose that is why I love nature so much, it is the one place where I can see the Lord, I can literally keep my eyes on him, because there is no way to see the majestic beauty of this land and not see the hand of God. If he wants my attention, he paints a sunrise and boom, I fall on my knees again. 

So last night, after everyone was tucked into their sleeping bags, I got the urge to pee. Typical. I begrudgingly got my butt out of the tent trying not to disturb the toddlers, and my jaw touched the floor when I lifted my gaze to see the most incredible northern lights dancing above my head. You may think no bigs, this is Alaska, but what you don't know is that right before my bladder betrayed me, I was praying and telling God that it took me a year to get on board, but that I was ready to pull a Peter and walk on water, that I was letting go of it all so he can do his thing.

And then boom. Northern lights. 

I tried to wake Tim and Les up but no one moved, then I heard him say: "These are for you."

Later on today I read this Mark Batterson quote from a friend who is obediently following too: "God is working his good, pleasing, and perfect plan for your life in a thousand ways you aren't even aware of. Everything in your past is preparation for something in your future. God wastes nothing. Even when you have a setback, God has already prepared your comeback. The God who works all things together for good, will leverage every experience, every skill, every mistake, and every bit of knowledge you have acquired. Your destiny predates you. Before you were even conceived, God had a script for your life. And he is in the process of fulfilling it today.

It took me a year, but I am happy to say I know I am exactly where He wants me to be, and this is only the beginning.



For the record, I think that water was freezing, and these boys are crazy.


BFF.


Big Boots McGee.

There is a frog on my table.

Golden perfection.


I taught him to say "I'm looking for adventure".


It's wine in a can o'clock, and a game of Uno.


Chocolate face.


Fall shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.


When the first sip of coffee touches your soul.
Happy Labor Day everyone! 
Welcome fall.





* Juda Smith - Life is____.


Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate