A General Life Update


{via Letterfolk}

Remember at the beginning of the year when I was in a really existential mood? Yeah, turns out it was the start of a period of change that is just now coming to take form.

To put it simply, I felt like I didn't belong where I was.

The last five or six weeks I have learned a lot about myself, and about people in general, and I can finally say that all that turmoil was not for nothing. Two things come to mind, one that my friend Les told me: "I think you need to stick this one out. And I don't mean gird your loins because this is going to suck, I mean that if you're willing to put in the work, God will redeem this." And another thing that someone I respect dearly said: "You have been living a script that was given to you, but it doesn't mean that you throw away what was written, from now on, you get to write your own play."

So why am I telling you this?
Two reasons.
1. I have been so M.I.A. from this blog the radio silence is getting ridiculous.
2. My word for this year is {{SELAH}}, and trying to remain and to listen to God's will for my life has been very, very hard.

So I'd like you to know two things.
1. I am getting back on track, I am getting to know who I am, and I am a better version of myself, which in turn will produce better content for this blog, and my life in general. I belong again.
2. I want you to know this because it's in our vulnerability that we find our humanity, and darlings, if we cannot be real, and human with one another, then we have lost.

So let's keep going because the seasons are a'changing.

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate