It's better out here



Call me crazy but I love camping, and I mean tent, sleeping bags, fire pit kind of camping, so I was a bit apprehensive about doing all that with a 13 month old in tow.
As it turns out, toddlers belong in the outdoors, wild unpredictable creatures they are. Benjamin loved the dirt, the firewood, the lake, the s'mores, and to my surprise, he slept in a tent better than I have ever seen him sleep at home. So much so, that I am considering putting a tent in the patio at home and letting him rough it! 

{I'm kidding, please don't report me to OCS}

We had 6 adults and 6 children, and everyone managed to have a most excellent 4th of July weekend. We made our way to Seward to watch the Mount Marathon race, to cheer on those champs, and to get inspired for the half-marathon I'm about to race in a couple of weeks.

We are thankful to live in a country and a state with so much natural beauty available to all. It was a weekend for the books!



Maiden tent.

It's better out here.


Can I have s'more? 


Sweetest thing ever.


Alaska wild child indeed.





Happy 4th of July!




Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate