Friday Roundup



It's the time of year when the light is returning and I am like "oh look, it's G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S outside! I'm gonna go for a run!" Then I realize that there're literally no positive degrees outside, I curse at the sun and blue skies for tricking me into thinking I could leave the house, then I trade my running shoes for hot chocolate.

Sigh.

I am absolutely jealous of all of you who are like "oh yeah, no, can't catch up right now, it's spring break, and I'm headed to Hawaii." I thought spring break was over once I finished college, turns out that once you have kids they go on spring break, and the parentals have to either find someone to take care of them, or bite the bullet and go to Hawaii. It's a hard life.

For those of you who are not in Hawaii right now, here's the weekly roundup.

Stay warm this weekend!


1. What I Actually Learned in Design School

2. Scientists are developing ways to edit the DNA of tomorrow's children. Engineering the Perfect Baby

3. Think your email's private? Think again

4. Gender inclusive dorms have arrived to Alaska. Coed dormitory rooms soon to be offered at UAF

5. I know this is a second TED talk on this list, but I promise it's good, especially if you are a manager or a boss. The Puzzle of Motivation

6. If you know Spanish this post is SO good Sal Con Un Valiente

7. I LOVE this post because it reminds me of my grandmother. A lover of weekly manicures and jewelry, she used to tell me story after story of the rings that grandpa gave her, the necklace that one of her sons bought her, and the pieces she bought herself and what they represented.
Here six women tell the stories of her lives through the stories of her jewelry Talking With Their Hands

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate