Books I would read if I had spare time

Before I had a child I used to be what people call a voracious reader of pretty much anything that fell into my hands, when I got pregnant I read ALL the pregnancy and natural delivery books available to mankind, and now, well, my selection is limited to books on feeding and sleeping babies, and a couple of novels that I cannot seem to finish because any time I have to myself is either spent on quality time with Tim, quality time with friends, or sleeping.

On the bright side I have memorized the books Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type, It's Pajama Time!, Peek-A-Who, Moo, Baa, La La La, and last, but not least, Three Little Pigs in English and Spanish. I hope you're impressed.

All kidding aside I hope to be able to read at least one of these books when we are on vacation, either on the plane (cross your fingers for me) or sometime when my parents take the baby for a couple of hours and give me and Tim some time to unwind.

In no particular order the books are:
Me Before You: Ordinary girl living ordinary life, gets a job working for a wheelchair bound unpleasant dude. Pretty sure romance ensues. Everyone who's read it has told me I HAVE to read it.

Unbroken: True story of Louis Zamperini, an olympic star who survived in World War II, and ended up as a prisoner of war. No, really, it happened, and if reading is not your thing, Angelina Jolie directed a movie based on it, and it is now in theaters.

All the Light We Cannot See: Blind French girl and orphan German boy try to survive World War II. I think I have a theme going.

Wild: Also now a major motion picture, and a book that has been on my list for months and you've probably already read. 22 Year old loses everything, without previous training goes on a thousand mile hike through the Pacific Crest Trail. Alone. Good times.

So, what do you think? Have you read any of them? If so, can I borrow it? If not, which one would you choose? 

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate