On the weekend

Tim and I try to make the most of our weekends, and by weekends I mean Saturdays, because Sundays we go to church, usually catch up with friends/family, grocery shop, and before you know it, the weekend's over. 

Here's a recap of the last couple weekends:

A couple Saturday's ago we harvested some 500 crabapples from our tree. Ben was not impressed :)


Then we made jelly and oh my! It turned out great. It was kind of a pain to cut the steam out of every single tiny apple, but overall I'd say it was worth it. 


We got a HUGE zucchini from the Mat-Su Valley and made chocolate zucchini bread. Actually, that was all Tim. It's his creation, and one of my very favorites.  


Last Saturday we went to the Brick by Brick LEGO exhibition at the museum. Benjamin enjoyed it and we had a blast pretending we were building things for Ben when we really just wanted to play. 



Here Tim lost all shame and decided to join a building station on his own. 


But he did build Ben a spacecraft. Shortly after this picture, Ben snapped the ship in half :)



Um, did you guys get the memo? It's Hot Toddy season again! See also: Hot buttered rum. Yum!


And what's a weekend without a mom and baby selfie?


Ben spent a good portion of Sunday staring at Grandma Sunny's aquarium. Pretty much one of his favorite things to look at. 


And of course, we can't have THIS much fun without getting our beauty naps. 


And speaking of sleeping, as of this week Ben is officially sleeping in his own crib, in his own room. I was bracing myself for a tantrum but he's gone to sleep without a fuss every single night. In fact, the only one who cried was me. Don't you dare judge me! 

I take comfort in the fact that every night before I put him to bed, I feed him, and he falls asleep like this, holding on to me.


"A mother held her new baby and slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be"
















Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate