First prize



When I was 38 weeks pregnant I told my boss that the time had come for me to call it a day because my body was telling me I needed to rest and slow down. Turns out my body knows a thing or two, because  exactly a week later Benjamin was born, but even though I knew that I was doing the right thing by stepping down, I still cried when I left my office that day. I will be the first to tell you that the workplace is no place for tears, but one, I was already in my car, and two, I find it perfectly acceptable to shed a tear or two when the reason is gratitude. 

I have worked my entire adult life, long enough to know that loving what you do is key if you intend to be good at it. I loved not only my job but the people I worked with as well, so when I left the office that day my tears were entirely justified.

There is a lot involved in making a design come to life. My job is to translate my client's needs and desires into a reality they love, but it takes an entire team of talented people to bring that reality to fruition.  So, when my coworker called on Friday to let me know that one of my designs got first prize in the Alaska's Best Kitchens contest, I put Benjamin in the car and we headed over to the office, because the only way to celebrate was to see the people who made it happen. I am beyond thankful for all of you.



P.S. Are you dying to remodel but don't know where to start?  Click {{here}}




Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate