Blah, blah, blah...



I don't think the Good Lord prepared Benjamin for how much of a talker his mother is, and I definitely don't think He told my baby that I'm a bilingual talker, so for the first few weeks of his life Ben would just look at me talking to him like his dad used to back in the day, before we started dating, with this look of suspicion about the things I was saying, and awe at the fact that it just went on and on.

I was starting to think that I scared the poor child with all my babbling, when all of the sudden he caught on to the fact that it takes two to tango, and that if I could talk his ear off, then gosh darn it, he too could make himself heard.

And so began a series of 'conversations' between us full of 'coos' and 'ayes' on his part, and a bunch of spanglish on mine. Throw in a few smiles, and sneezes in between and we are golden!

Speech and debate team, here we come!

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate