And the time came





dress: Sonnet James, sandals: Chie Mihara, transport tote: Madewell, necklace: Gorjana, sunnies: Ray-Ban

Here it is folks, the 9 month baby bump in all of its glory. 
We made it.
But I won't lie to you, the time came when life has become pretty darn uncomfortable. As in I-feel-like-I-am-holding-a-bowling-bowl-between-my-legs-I-am-achey-and-all-around-exhausted uncomfortable.
All the time.
But I figure this must be God's way of helping me let go. I have said so many times how much I have loved this pregnancy, this closeness with my baby, being a vessel to life, having a chance to create with the Creator, I have loved it so much that if it didn't get this uncomfortable it would be pretty hard to say enough.
Yet here I am saying it. I am calling it enough.
I am ready.
I have told this baby I am ready, I have told the Lord I am ready, and though I know He heard me, He is still working in me: Helping me let go of my anxieties, coating me with His peace, reminding me that His timing is perfect, and that I will welcome this baby not a moment too soon.
This is my last week at work.
This may very well be my last "Wardrobe Wednesday" that features a baby belly.
This is me saying farewell to this incredibly wonderful part of life.
I am ready to be a mom.

I surrender my anxiety and my sense of urgency. I allow God to guide me in the pacing of my life. I open my heart to God's timing. I release my deadlines, agendas, and stridency to the gentle yet often swift pacing of God. As I open my heart to God's unfoldings, my heart attains peace. As I relax into God's timing, my heart contains comfort. As I allow God to set the tone and schedule of my days, I find myself in the right place, open and available to God's opportunities. - Julia Cameron

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate