Books that have nothing to do with pregnancy


There comes a point in pregnancy when you have read all of the baby/pregnancy/birth books that you can take. There comes a point after the birthing classes, and baby showers, and getting the nursery ready when you just wait because there isn't much else to do, other than watching your feet disappear under your ever expanding belly.

It is in this waiting period that Tim and I have taken up reading. He is in charge of all the manuals: car seat, stroller, baby monitor, and the like, and I am in charge of reading pretty much anything that does not have to do with being pregnant. In the last 2 weeks I have devoured these 3 books and I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't tell you about them.

In one word, hilarious. The way I like my humor: Sarcastic, a bit dark, and extremely witty. A novel about mother/daughter relationships, family dysfunction, marriage and technology. I didn't love the ending, but I was hooked.

Technically considered a young adult novel, but don't let that stop you from enjoying this emotionally investing book full of raw humanness. It is 1986, and there are mixed tapes. Enough said.

And the best for last:
ALL OF THE FEELINGS, you guys! A novel about cancer, love, and gumption. 

"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 
I die.

Soooo that's pretty much what I've been up to. I am told I need to wash the baby's clothes and get a diaper bag ready in case this baby decides to make an early entrance into this world. I guess this would be a good time for me to buy some diapers.

Ha!



Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate