The perfect trifecta



excursion vest: J Crew, waffle baseball tee: Gap, jeans: Zara, sneakers: Converse, necklace: AEO, sunglasses: Ray-Ban

When I found out I was pregnant, I made an investment in a few key wardrobe pieces. Mostly maternity work clothes, pants to be precise, because I have said it before, and I will say it again, I LOATHE those stupid belly bands. Repeat after me: {raises fist} I shall never wear my pants unbuttoned!! Among those purchases were a few pairs of maternity jeans, because truth be told, jeans are the first to start pinching in all the wrong places, and when you're carrying precious cargo, the last thing on your mind should be how uncomfortable you feel in your own clothes.

When last Sunday came around, I was flipping through my closet, trying to find things that I can still fit into, and wouldn't you know, I stumbled upon this old pair of jeans I bought at Zara a million years ago, back when having a baby was the furthest thing in my mind. I looked at them longingly, and then I had the crazy idea to put them on. Then, just like magic, they not only pulled up, they zipped up, and buttoned up ALL THE WAY!!! They were not only comfortable, but also low enough in front not to pinch the belly, and high enough in the back not to show even a smidgen of butt crack or give me a muffin top. Pretty much the perfect trifecta, and if that has not made your jaw drop to the floor by now, then you must have never been 9 weeks away from giving birth to a human, trying to squeeze in your old non-maternity jeans. 

Logically I wore the jeans around town, then took them off, dry cleaned them, and had them framed… I kid, I kid, but really, I should. It is not often you stumble upon gems like this on your average Sunday.

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate