Awkward and awesome of pregnancy: First half




I don't think there has ever been another period in my life when there have been so many changes than now that I'm pregnant. If you know me long, then you know that I never thought I would actually utter these words, but I cannot help myself: I LOVE being pregnant. Love, love, love it!

The last 5 months have been the sweetest, most wonderful, fulfilling months of my life, and at the risk of sounding cheesy I will say that I will miss this time, for I have never before felt so close to anyone as I am to this baby, I have never felt my body had as much purpose as it does now, I have never felt so much peace in the face of so much change, and in a minuscule way I think I am beginning to understand the amount of love God has for me.

This is not to say that pregnancy has not come without its share of 'what the heck' moments, and for that, I have created an awkward and awesome pregnancy list for the first half of this period in my life:

Awkward:
- Barfing for three months in a row. In the morning, at night, at home, at work, at Target, you get the point.
- Telling my boss. He's been nothing but sweet and supportive, but it was an awkward conversation nonetheless.
- That time between flat belly and pregnant belly when you look like you just gained weight.
- Finding a swimsuit to hug all the new curves. No, I don't do the whole pregnant in a bikini look. More power to you and Giselle if you do, I just can't.
- Peeing All. The. Time.
- Those belly-bands people swear by to keep your pants up when they don't zip up anymore. Dumbest thing ever. Here's a thought, buy pants that fit! I don't want to walk around with my zipper down. Ever.
- Strangers touching my belly. Friends touching my belly. Everyone touching my belly. Stop!
- Finding a comfortable position to sleep at night. 
- Being able to smell EVERYTHING. It's like a bad superpower.
- Having to catch my breath after climbing a flight of stairs. Remember when I used to be able to run 10 miles in a row? Yeah, me neither.
- My cat knows something's up. He's started to groom me.
- Unexpected burps and farts. Yeah, I said it. Ew. I know.
- My sense of balance and center of gravity against ice and snow. So not graceful.

Awesome:
- Tim's face when he saw the 'pregnant' sign on the pregnancy test. Priceless. 
- Listening to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I didn't cry, I laughed nervously instead.
- Telling my parents. I told them on my mom's birthday and I probably won't ever be able to top that present.
- BOOBS. I'm sorry I'm not sorry, but when you have been flat chested your whole life, those babies are life changing.
- Ocean, sand, and a swimsuit that fits = Babymoon!!!!
- The baby moving. Every time that happens I fall more in love. 
- People are generally more helpful, kinder, and all around nicer when they know you're pregnant.
- Sex. What? How do you think I got in this predicament in the first place?
- Watching your fully formed baby in the 20 week ultrasound. So incredible, so real, so good!
- Finding names for the baby. Some names are just hilarious.
- Nesting.
- Looking at baby pictures of Tim and I, trying to figure out who the baby will look like.
- My body. This is a well oiled machine!

What do you think? Did I miss any?


Comments

  1. You are just the cutest.

    I didn't enjoy pregnancy that much, but I did love feeling the baby move :-) Can't wait to see your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate