Nananana Banana



One of my responsabilities in this household is to make {{bread}} every so often, when Tim gets a hankering for it. I am pretty sure it was somewhere in my vows after the "in sickness and in health" bit.
In my search for the perfect banana bread recipe, the wonderful {{Maya}} from {{Alaska from Scratch}} mentioned to me that her recipe included not only bananas, but coffee and chocolate chips as well.

Coffee AND chocolate chips? She might as well have said the holy grail! Naturally, I had to make it.

Below I wrote down the recipe just because I made a few minor ingredient adjustments to fit our eating style, but the instructions are exactly the same as hers. To find her original recipe as well as many other yummy treats, find her food blog {{here}}.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup of butter, melted
3/4 cup of sugar in the raw
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
1/4 cup of strong brewed coffee {I used Ecuadorian espresso grounds}
1 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan.
Peal bananas, break them up and toss them into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher {I leave some banana pieces so you get occasional nice bites of banana in the bread; don't mash until the bananas are completely liquefied}.
To the bananas, add the rest of the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden or plastic spoon. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.

There you go.
Best wife ever? Tim seems to think so :)






Comments

  1. holy yum! stop being so awesome...i want to eat that bread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make it, Katie!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate