Run the mile you're in

When I started running I used to tell myself: "Run the mile you're in" over and over to remind myself that I only had to think about the very step I was taking. I didn't concern myself with how my legs or my lungs would feel in 3 more miles, I only thought about each breath as I inhaled and exhaled.
"Run the mile you're in" took me from never having run before to being able to run 10 miles at one time. It made me a runner.

Lately I've been getting ahead of myself, worrying about the things that are happening, the things that are not happening, the things that I feel should be happening. Wondering why things are happening, worrying about tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, leaving me exhausted because I do not know what to do.

So I did the only thing that I knew would clear my head, I laced up my shoes and ran, and as I told myself "run the mile you're in" I could hear God say: "Haven't I told you this before? Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself", and I realized that all I need to do is what I've been doing all along, letting go of the miles ahead to take this one step, breathing through this one stride, trusting that He will take the next step with me, just like He's always done.


Run the mile you're in, face only the day you've been given, for each day has enough trouble of its own.

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate