Becoming Grandma: Lipstick jungle

I am excited to introduce a new segment to the blog because it has to do with someone very dear to my heart: My grandmother.

As I have talked about herehere, and here, my sweet granny has been the biggest influence in my life. Her love, wisdom, and kindness shaped me into the woman I am today, even now that she's gone I continue to amaze myself every time I realize I am doing something, liking something, or saying something just like she used to do it. Many a times I catch myself uttering the words: "I am becoming my grandmother" hence the title of this new series: Becoming Grandma.

One thing that grandma never left the house without was lipstick. I remember the first drawer on her vanity, where she kept the make-up, and how i used to marvel at her lipstick collection. She looked so good in reds and oranges! And since the apple does not fall far from the tree, over time I have managed to acquire a collection of my own.

 These are my favorite five this fall/winter.



NARS "Cruella" Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

I love the matte velvety feel of this pencil. It's super easy to apply, the pigment stays on a while, and the creamy base prevents my lips from drying.  Triple win! 
I wear it to work with minimal make-up to let it pop.



NARS "Terre de Feu" Pure Matte Lipstick

This rich black cherry hue screams fall. I love pairing it with a burnt orange sweater or my forest green vest. Add a cozy scarf and boots, and voila, you're autumn ready.



MAC "Ruby Woo"

This lipstick has been a favorite of mine for quite a while. It is the perfect classic red and it looks great on everyone I have seen wear it. Ruby Woo is perfect for a Christmas party paired with a little black dress and a champagne glass. 
Beware, it is a very matte, dry, long wear lipstick. If the dryness bothers you try a moisturizing balm before applying it.



MAC "Rebel"

Rebel has a plum hue with a pink undertone, and a semi matte finish. It's a good alternative to a red lipstick, and another great color for fall. Dress it up for the office or down for the weekend, it's up to you rebel one!



MAC "Pink Nuveau"

This non-traditional pink has a bit of a neon touch to it, and although I wore it plenty last summer, I just can't get enough of it. Pink Nuveau brightens up my face, puts a pep in my step, and looks great with a mustard sweater, or a green scarf. Such a fun, satin color to try!

Do you have a fave go-to lipstick to share with me? Do you think you'll try any of these shades? Go on, don't be shy, let's start a collection of your own!


"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick" - Gwyneth Paltrow


P.S. Grandma, if I ever become half the woman you were, I will consider myself accomplished.

Comments

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate