Oh, the places you'll go

 Source: google.com via Michelle on Pinterest

See that city in the picture? It's Quito, Ecuador. I was born there.
I also lived there until I was 17 years old, when God took me on an adventure to Anchorage, Alaska, the place I now call home.

I didn't know this then, but He brought me here because He knew this would be the place where I would find Him, get to know Him, trust Him, fall in love with Him, and eventually follow Him. He chose this place for me to find comfort, friendship, and the peace I needed to learn to let go of the things that kept me from Him. In retrospect, all those years of my childhood were grooming me so I could become who I am now, they were preparing me to be here. And I love it here.

But I am alone.

Don't get me wrong, I am happily married, I am surrounded by wonderful people I am honored to call friends, I have a job I love, and a church I am proud to call mine.

But my family is not here. Not one person, and I seldom feel alone because we are close, and as much as I love living here, a part of me is always missing. Although God has made it clear that this is the place for me right now, it hurts to be so far away. It's bitter sweet.

I have been lucky enough to be able to make the trip back and forth at least once a year for the last decade, but this year just did not seem like it was going to happen. 

And so we prayed.

Tim and I asked God to make things come together so that we could go, not just to visit, but that He would send us to do His work, whatever that would be. We offered our resources and we prayed that He would use us.

And then.

He opened doors, He made a way, and this weekend we will be in Ecuador!! How ridiculously exciting is that? I not only get to see my family, but we also get to share His love. My heart is about ready to burst!

And now.

We ask you to keep us in prayer. For safety while we are there, for wisdom and discernment, so that we are able to recognize the opportunities He gives us to help, for modesty of spirit, so that we may learn and see what He'd like us to see, and for a submissive spirit, so that we may be able to do His will.

I am not sure how much I will be able to post while I am gone. The Wardrobe Wednesday series will be on hiatus until September, but I won't completely disappear, you can follow our adventures on Twitter,  Instagram @fertheloveofwriting, and Bloglovin

Now it's packing time!

P.S. God never wastes a willing heart.





Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 31, 2012

    Fer, no sabia que tenias de hobby la escritura. Muy lindas las fotos y los post que haces, me han entretenido y tambien no te niego que me han dado nostalgia de aquellos momentos inolvidables que pase en Alaska. Con mucha frecuencia los echo de menos y ahora mas con tus historias jajaja. Me alegra mucho por ti que prontisimo estaras con tu familia en Ecuador. Te recuerdo con mucho carino. Un besote enorme desde Venezuela. Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Ruby. Como olvidarse de Los cheveres momentos que pasamos aqui.
      Un beso!

      Delete
  2. Fer! I will be in Alaska these next few weeks, and you'll be in Ecuador! how exciting chica:) hope you have an AMAZING time! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad I will miss you, but have a fantastic time here!
      Hugs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate