On faith

 I quoted Breakfast at Tiffany's to Tim:
The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? - Holly Golightly
I do. I said.
I feel doubtful and afraid. Hebrews 11:6 is on repeat in my head "It is impossible to please God without faith"... Impossible impossible.
I want to please Him, more than anything, I do. Where is my faith? Where is my faith?

Tim held my hand with one hand, and with the other he opened my bible just a chapter past the one that's in my head, and he read: "...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." And he asked me to let go of the weight that doubt has put on my shoulders as he continued "We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion that initiates and perfects our faith."

And then he prayed for me, over me.
We asked God to increase my faith, our faith. Because only in Him we find it, and only He can make it perfect.
And right there next to my husband, holding The Word in our hands, the mean reds were gone.



Comments

  1. This was so encouraging to me today my dear! Thank you for writing, and for being so real:) thank goodness the scripture is truth, and we can hold on to that truth! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Katie!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Fernanda on Instagram

Translate